It’s 2016, and we’re in Tyler Texas. The School of Evangelism will start up today, and we’re committed to participate in lectures and outreach over the next five months. In many regards, this school is a catalyst to the next step in our lives. However, at our Vine of the Mountains church send-off, one of the members had an important word for us, which went something like this . . . Don’t be so focused on the future that you miss out on what God has for you in the present. He’s brought you to this school for a reason. Don’t miss it. So with eyes wide-open and fixed on Jesus, we are ready to embrace all He has for us here.
Leaving Western North Carolina wasn’t easy. We have grown quite fond of those beautiful mountains, not to mention the countless of beautiful souls we came to know and love. We were given a very special going away party, which was filled with much love, generous gifts, and kind words. There’s no way to fully express how meaningful this was to us. Thank you to all who participated in that day. We’ve also been encouraged and supported by dear family and friends from places all over the world. It’s comforting to know so many are standing with us as we take this step. We are still short a few hundred dollars of our initial tuition cost, but we have a peace God will provide. “Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass” (1 Thess. 5:24).
Our rooms are cozy, with a beautiful view out of our window. We’ve got our coffee pot ready to brew Panacea coffee every morning (whole bean Tanzania Peaberry Medium roast, in case anyone wants to send us a package. Hint hint). We were limited on what we could bring, but the coffee pot was a must!
Molly and Audrey are settled in as well. Molly has filled the closet, and Audrey is already lining our floor with Lego creations. Please pray for the girls as they settle into a daily routine. This YWAM base is located in the middle of nowhere, which isn’t easy for a 23 year old to adjust to. Molly will be overseeing Audrey’s schoolwork. We are so thankful she can be here with us. It is a huge help. Pray for Emily as she settles back into WCU. Being hours away instead of minutes is a hard adjustment for us all. We will miss getting to see her regularly.
Please keep in touch with us. We really desire to hear from you. Update us on how God is at work in your lives and on how we can be praying for you. Of course you can email us anytime at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you’re like me and enjoy sending real letters through the mail, I’ve included the address below.
Love you all lots!
WAYS TO COMMUNICATE:
- LETTERS: Richard & Amy Fish, YWAM SOE-KK, PO Box 3000, Garden Valley TX 75771
- PACKAGES: Richard & Amy Fish, YWAM SOE-KK, C/O Twin Oaks Ranch, 20131 FM 16 West, Lindale TX 75771
WAYS TO DONATE:
With YWAM being solely volunteer, we are believing these words as we step out to follow Jesus: God doesn’t call the equipped; He equips the called! Below are the ways you can donate. Thanks so much for your continued love and support!
- Send checks to: Richard and Amy Fish C/O Ann Wynn, 326 Skylark Circle, Greer, SC, 29650
- Donate through our PayPal account: email@example.com
- Send a tax-deductible donation directly to our church in the mail. Note: Do not put our names on the “for” line of the check. Include a separate sticky note designating the gift. Mail to: Vine of the Mountains, PO Box 101, Waynesville, NC 28786
- You can also give a tax-deductible donation directly through our church’s secure website. Go to http://www.thevine.cc and click the “Giving” tab. Click the “Give Now” button. After being redirected to the secure giving page, click “Quick Give.” Then choose “YWAM: Tyler SOE”. Finally, enter your information and click “Submit.”
“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus–the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” Acts 20:24